ADP is hiring a Data Science Intern.
- Are you looking for real corporate experience at a Fortune 250 company?
- Do you want to make a valuable contribution to a business’ success?
- Are you ready to join an energetic, collaborative team and experience an inclusive culture of belonging?
If so, then this may be just the opportunity you’ve been searching for. Read on and see for yourself.
As a Data Science Intern at ADP, you will work on one or more data science projects within ADP’s Chief Data Office & Global Product Development department. These opportunities are designed to facilitate the transition from academia to industry for soon-to-be graduates and will involve participation and contribution in real projects being carried out by the ADP Data Science team. This is also a way for you to identify if ADP may be the right company for your long-term career goals. Most of the projects will involve tools and analyses in support of ADP’s product objectives.
A little about ADP: We are a global leader in human resources technology, offering the latest AI and machine learning-enhanced payroll, tax, human resources, benefits, and much more. We believe our people make all the difference in cultivating an inclusive, down-to-earth culture that welcomes ideas, encourages innovation, and values belonging. We’ve received recognition as a global Best Places to Work and a recipient of many prestigious awards for diversity, equity, and inclusion, including a DiversityInc® Top 50 Company, Best CEO and company for women, LGBTQ+, multicultural talent, and more. As part of our deep DEI commitment, our CEO has joined the OneTen coalition to create one million jobs for Black Americans over the next ten years. Learn more about DEI at ADP on our YouTube channel: http://adp.careers/DEI_Videos.
Ready to #MakeYourMark? Apply now!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Here’s what you can expect on a typical day as a Data Science Intern:
- Candidates will be responsible for providing analytical and technical support, which includes the collection and analysis of internal and external data to assist in building relevant products.
- Projects may be product-specific or focused on issues spanning multiple products.
- Conduct research on topics related to GenAI, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, and ontologies.
- Experiment with and benchmark the latest cutting models.
- Implement rapid prototyping to prove research ideas.
- Act as the defacto subject matter expert in one or more areas of Artificial Intelligence (ex. GenAI, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, ontologies, etc.)
TO SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE:
- Currently enrolled in degree program in Computer Science or related quantitative discipline such as: Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Economics, Computational Biology, Biostatistics, etc.
- Expected to graduate in Spring 2025.
- Fluency in at least one programming environments such as Python / R / Scala and sound understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Ability to quickly prototype solutions to communicate their results by creating endpoints, APIs, and / or front-ends (e.g. Shiny, Flask, etc.)
- Familiarity with the nuances of data science and advanced statistical methods and ability to determine the correct method for the task.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve independently on complex analytical projects (supporting evidence could include conference or journal papers, talks, open source contributions, articles, etc.)
- Applicants will be required to serve as the quantitative methodology expert by developing creative solutions and applying appropriate statistical and/or machine learning methodologies to answer novel questions.
- Applicants should be effective oral and written communicators.
- Applicants have a history of being able to execute on minimum viable products and strike a balance between methodological rigor and project timelines/deliverables.
- Experience with one or more of the standard machine learning and data manipulation packages, such as scikit-learn / NumPy / pandas / mlr-org.
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks (ex. PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.)
- Familiarity with managed services on the cloud (ex. Databricks, Amazon SageMaker, MLflow, etc.)
- Familiarity with SQL & noSQL databases: Amazon Redshift / BigQuery / Amazon Athena / MongoDB.
- Familiarity with Natural Language Processing, Image Processing, Reinforcement Learning, Deep Neural Networks, Graphs, etc.
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE BECAUSE YOU CAN:
- Be yourself in a culture that values equity, inclusion, and belonging and creates a safe space for diverse perspectives and insights.
- Continuously learn. Ongoing training, development, and mentorship opportunities for even the most insatiable learner.
- Balance work and life. Resources and flexibility to integrate your work and your life.