A&M’s Compensation & Benefits Tax practice is currently seeking an Associate to join our group. You will work with a team of professionals to advise companies of all sizes on qualified retirement plan issues, executive compensation issues, as well as various other compensation and benefits matters. When you join us you will gain unique experiences and valuable knowledge working across capabilities, sectors and have the opportunity to take control of your career progression.
As an Associate, you will focus on completing complex tax projects, participating in engagements requiring tax analysis/modeling for a variety of entities, providing tax & business advice in regard to complex transactions, and tax research & writing. With this position, you will further your analytical and communication skills while adding value for our clients by helping solve their complex problems.
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is a global professional services firm specializing in performance improvement and business advisory services. A&M delivers specialist operational, consulting, and industry expertise to management and investors seeking to accelerate performance, overcome challenges, and maximize value across the corporate and investment lifecycles. Founded in 1983, the firm is known for its distinctive restructuring heritage, hands-on approach, and relentless focus on execution and results.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Interpreting and applying laws, regulations, judicial precedent and other guidance
- Draft technical memorandums and letters related to compensation & benefits issues
- Research emerging issues and areas, such as Tax Reform and new SEC requirements, in order to keep our clients up to date on the ever-changing regulatory environment
- Aggregating data in Excel to assist with complex nondiscrimination testing for qualified retirement plans, including issues related to complex controlled groups with multiple plans
- Assist in the identification of compliance issues in qualified retirement plans, calculate corrections and draft submissions for the IRS and DOL correction programs
- Review executive compensation plans and agreements to ensure compliance with the various Internal Revenue Code and SEC requirements
- Benchmark compensation against market data and develop reports to support the compensation recommendations
- Assist in the design of annual long-term incentive awards while considering the tax, accounting, and other regulatory ramifications
- Work on M&A transactions, including performing tax and HR calculations
- Assist with marketing initiatives by writing articles, preparing pitch decks, researching targets, and developing presentations
How will you grow and be supported?
As a demonstration of A&M’s strong commitment to its people, we offer benefits to support your career, personal and professional development. Click here to learn more about benefits at A&M and our commitment to your well-being. A&M recognizes that our people fuel our growth, and you and your team will be provided with the best available training and development resources, as well as networking opportunities. Learn more about why A&M is a great place to work.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Advanced degree preferred: Masters in Accounting/Finance/Tax, JD, or LL.M. (tax), CPA (or in the process of pursuing) is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to articulate complex information
- Strong analytical skills
- High proficiency in spreadsheets
- Ability to simultaneously work on several projects and effectively manage deadlines
- High motivation to learn and grow
Why choose A&M Tax?
The world of professional tax services has changed. New business conditions and legislation mean that clients are demanding the type of objective advice only specialized independent firms can provide – firms like Alvarez & Marsal Tax, LLC. This means new opportunities for you as a future professional. It means you have a choice about where you work and what kind of work you do. It means a career with more control, creativity, fun and opportunity for growth. We pride ourselves in a world class training program and promote organic growth as we support you in pursuing the career of your dreams. We are looking for tomorrow’s leaders, today.
The annual base salary range is $65,000 – $90,000, commensurate with experience. In addition, A&M offers a discretionary bonus program which is based on a number of factors, including individual and firm performance. Please ask your recruiter for details.
Colorado Benefits Summary:
Regular employees working 30 or more hours per week are also entitled to participate in Alvarez & Marsal Holdings’ fringe benefits consisting of healthcare plans, flexible spending and savings accounts, life, AD&D, and disability coverages at rates determined from time to time as well as a 401(k) retirement plan. Provided the eligibility requirements are met, employees will also receive a discretionary contribution to their 401(k) from Alvarez & Marsal. Click here for more information regarding A&M’s benefits programs.