Aramark’s Step Up to Leadership (S2L) Paid Internship Program targets motivated college underclassmen and rising seniors who are eager to gain valuable business skills and leadership experience. The S2L Program is designed to provide students with key experience, expertise, and resources to help position them competitively for full-time positions post-graduation.
S2L interns gain relevant work experience, mentorship from industry leaders, and professional training to help them pursue what matters to them, both personally and professionally. Throughout the course of this premiere internship program, interns have the unique opportunity to take on leadership roles within Aramark while participating in structured program activities and development exercises.
COMPENSATION: The hourly rate for this position ranges from $15.00 to $15.25, depending on circumstances including an applicant’s skills and qualifications, certain degrees and certifications, prior job experience, market data, and other relevant factors. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). This is Aramark’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of compensation for this position as of the time of posting.
Opportunities within the S2L program are focused in seven Career Tracks within our business and provide key milestone experiences specific to each Career Track. The S2L Program also offers a series of professional development trainings to supplement the learning that occurs through structured account experiences and on-the-job learning. S2L interns can expect:
• A paid 10–12-week experience
• Career readiness training & coaching
• Direct engagement with peers, mentors, and managers
• Professional network & personal brand development
• Structured career path conversations and learning development programs in preparation for potential full-time placement
Aramark’s S2L Program is committed to fostering communities rooted in service, inclusion, and shared prosperity, empowering all individuals to make an impact!
Alongside a manager who will help coordinate and lead operations, the Concessions Intern will help oversee staff, collaborate with teammates, and help where needed. Job responsibilities include:
- Produce and maintain work schedules and may prepare production packets (productions sheets and recipes)
- Direct daily activities
- Maintains food production that ensures the safety and quality of food according to policies, procedures, and department requirements
- Ensure that food items are stored in a safe, organized, and hazard-free environment
- Maintain all serving schedules; ensure all food items are served per menu specifications in a safe and appropriate manner following Aramark policies and procedures
- Maintain a sanitary department following health and safety codes and regulations
- Maintain accurate inventory on a weekly basis
- May prepare orders as needed to ensure accurate production for location
- Supervise and evaluate employees; counsel ; promote employee growth, efficiency, morale, and teamwork
- Maintain a safe and hazard-free working environment
- Train/mentor other food service workers
- Maintain logs on all maintenance required on equipment within the department
- Ensure all food safety/temperature logs are completed with appropriate corrective action, as necessary
- Perform preventative maintenance checklist
- Recommend replacement of existing equipment to meet needs of facility
- Proficiency in multi-tasking
- Perform other duties as requested by Manager whenever his/her skill and/or experience would be vital to initiate, coordinate, or complete any given program
- Be able to work nights and weekend events
- Attend meetings with staff
- Maintain communication with staff
Open to those actively pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in any field of study. Please keep in mind that educational requirements may change depending on the responsibilities of the role.
• Ability to work flexible hours, which may include nights, weekends or holidays according to business needs.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Aramark for this position now or in the future.
• Aramark does not offer housing with the exception of our remote Aramark Destinations locations.
• PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
• All majors are welcome to apply!
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Great verbal and written communication skills
• Must work well in both team and individualized tasks.
• Strong leadership, project management, and execution skills
• Dynamic working skills to handle change and ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing – a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work – our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.