Aramark’s Step Up to Leadership (S2L) Paid Internship Program targets motivated college underclassmen and rising seniors who are eager to gain valuable business skills and leadership experience. The S2L Program is designed to provide students with key experience, expertise, and resources to help position them competitively for full-time positions post-graduation.
S2L interns gain relevant work experience, mentorship from industry leaders, and professional training to help them pursue what matters to them, both personally and professionally. Throughout the course of this premiere internship program, interns have the unique opportunity to take on leadership roles within Aramark while participating in structured program activities and development exercises.
COMPENSATION: The hourly rate for this position ranges from $15.00 to $15.25, depending on circumstances including an applicant’s skills and qualifications, certain degrees and certifications, prior job experience, market data, and other relevant factors. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). This is Aramark’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of compensation for this position as of the time of posting.
Opportunities within the S2L program are focused in seven Career Tracks within our business and provide key milestone experiences specific to each Career Track. The S2L Program also offers a series of professional development trainings to supplement the learning that occurs through structured account experiences and on-the-job learning. S2L interns can expect:
• A paid 10–12-week experience
• Career readiness training & coaching
• Direct engagement with peers, mentors, and managers
• Professional network & personal brand development
• Structured career path conversations and learning development programs in preparation for potential full-time placement
Aramark’s S2L Program is committed to fostering communities rooted in service, inclusion, and shared prosperity, empowering all individuals to make an impact!
• Prepare quality food and baked goods according to a planned menu
• Prepare a daily report that verifies transactions
• Understand what is inclusive of a meal
• Ensure storage of food in an accurate and sanitary manner
• Serve food according to meal schedules, department policies and procedures
• Use and care of kitchen equipment, especially knives
• Timely preparation of a variety of food items, beverages, and
• Add garnishments to ensure customer happiness and eye appeal
• Coordinate and assist in major cleaning of refrigerators, freezers, and cooking and serving equipment
• Adhere to all food safety regulations for sanitation, food handling, and storage
• Adhere to the uniform policy
• Connect with the Manager daily to understand and accurately prepare menu for the day
• Supervise the food temperature requirements
• Maintain a clean and organized work and storage area
• Scrub and polish counters, clean and sanitize steam tables, and other equipment
• Follow established procedures and standards for cleanliness, to ensure a balanced and safe environment; duties include sweeping, moping, ware washing
• Maintain garbage collection site and kitchen floor areas in a neat and sanitary fashion
• Perform other duties as assigned including other areas in the kitchen
• This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
At Aramark, developing new skills and doing what it takes to get the job done make a positive impact for our employees and for our customers. In order to meet our commitments, job duties may change or new ones may be assigned without formal notice.
• Open to those actively pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in any field of study. Please keep in mind that educational requirements may change depending on the responsibilities of the role.
• Ability to work flexible hours, which may include nights, weekends or holidays according to business needs.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Aramark for this position now or in the future.
• Aramark does not offer housing with the exception of our remote Aramark Destinations locations.
• PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
• All majors are welcome to apply!
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Great verbal and written communication skills
• Must work well in both team and individualized tasks.
• Strong leadership, project management, and execution skills
• Dynamic working skills to handle change and ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing – a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work – our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.