Bergmann & Moore has grown to become one of the largest law firms in the country focusing solely on Veterans’ disability benefit claim appeals. We have helped thousands of Veterans and their families in all 50 states and around the world successfully navigate the complicated claims process at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews files and assumes responsibility for all assigned files.
- Drafts all written documents essential to case and sends to supervising Case Managers for review.
- Informs Supervising Case Manager of issues pertaining to cases and clients.
- Collects evidence and records, contacts regional VA offices, drafts briefs, and responds to all inquiries regarding cases.
- Develops strategies for appealing denials for clients.
- Prepares onboarding paperwork for new clients and closes out files at the end of representation.
- Creates and updates Time Matter entries as necessary.
- Sends paperwork to appropriate agencies.
- Follows up with agencies regarding status of claims.
- Interacts with clients regarding status of cases and acceptances or denials of new cases.
- Prepares clients for VA exams.
- Drafts briefs to send to Board of Veteran Appeals.
- Obtains missing records needed for cases.
- Researches precedents to prepare for arguments.
- Identifies, tracks and meets deadlines essential to cases.
- Ability to interact with clients and to be responsive to all requests from clients.
- Excellent problem solving skills that include identification and resolution of problems in a timely manner through skillful gathering and analyzing of information.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Excellent written communication skills. Able to produce written work product is that is appropriate to the audience and is written in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; strong attention to detail.
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgment and make timely decisions.
- Ability to meet deadlines through duration of every case.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Products.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university. Research and writing skills critical.
Interested candidates should send resume, transcript (official or unofficial is fine) and cover letter, indicating why you are interested in the role and feel it would be a good fit given your background and experience.