The Cigna Group Operations Leadership Development Program (OLDP) is a rotational development program that provides early-career candidates the opportunity to be directly involved with the ongoing operations of a dynamic health care industry leader. OLDP interns are exposed to all aspects of The Cigna Group’s business operations as they manage a project aligned to our priorities and growth strategy. Interns get a realistic experience of what it’s like to work in operations by becoming part of a team and being responsible for their project’s results. Inters who continually impress us throughout the summer are invited to join the full-time OLDP when they graduate.
What you’ll do:
Our summer internship program is designed to further develop your skills and give you experience working in a dynamic, flexible work environment. Over the course of your internship, you’ll be assigned a real business problem to solve that challenges your strategic thinking, business acumen and leadership skills. At the end of the 10-weeks, you’ll have the opportunity to present what you learned and accomplished to the Enterprise Operations leadership team.
Example Projects Include:
- Managing project plans from intake to completion by: identifying project requirements and creating plans to meet target dates, assigning task ownership and delivery dates, and monitoring progress while anticipating and eliminating barriers.
- Evaluating operational procedures and producing data and research driven recommendations to improve efficiency, quality and customer experience.
- Developing metrics, scorecards and dashboards that provide key insights and analytics into the impact of operational process improvements.
- Community: Build relationships with cross-functional partners, peers, and other operational experts across the company. This includes attending an OLDP offsite to get to know full-time OLDP associates and hear from Operations leaders.
- Leader Speaker Series: You and your fellow peers will be exposed to a variety of sessions and presentations given by members of The Cigna Group.
- Compensation: Earn a competitive salary in addition to gaining valuable work experience.
- Progressing toward a bachelor’s degree, and by start of internship will have completed 3 years of academic experience in Operations Management, Business Administration/Management, Logistics, Supply Chain, Healthcare, Finance or related field
- Prior leadership experience in an academic club, associations, athletics or other work related experience strongly preferred
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed, with a strong work ethic and a willingness to take on new challenges
- Ability to drive results through strong decision-making and cross functional relationship-building skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Previous experience or exposure to process improvement, project management, or data analysis
- Location: This role is located in our Bloomfield, CT office located at: 900 Cottage Grove Road Wilde, Bloomfield, CT 06152. Applicants should be prepared to be aligned to the Bloomfield, CT office.
- Housing: Summer housing is available for interns who live more than 25 miles from the Bloomfield, CT office.
- Schedule: You must be available to work 40 hours/week for 10 consecutive weeks beginning May 20, 2024. Working hours are Monday – Friday.
- Market Range: For this position, we anticipate offering an hourly rate of $23.00/hour depending on relevant factors, including experience and geographic location.
- Work Authorization: One goal of this internship program is to prepare and identify qualified candidates for roles with Cigna post-graduation. Therefore, this temporary internship is open only to individuals who are eligible for employment in the United States and who would not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.