Tax Staff I-II
Our Tax Staff work closely with clients from various industries while allowing you to hone your skillset through the guidance of experienced staff and seasoned management personnel. Come grow professionally, use critical thinking to solve problems, build relationships that last; all while creating an amazing career for yourself.
Your key responsibilities:
- Effectively prepare and apply tax knowledge to individual returns and less complex business returns.
- Prepare a completed and organized tax file, including appropriate supporting documentation for the tax return.
- Exhibit an understanding of the tax levels of authorities, legal precedents, rulings, and regulations.
- Anticipate problems and issues.
- Effectively exhibit communication, listening, and problem-solving skills including asking questions.
- Comply with Firm practice management procedures and systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental principles of tax law.
- Develop positive working relationships with all clients.
- Exhibit an understanding of computer systems used in tax preparation process.
- Provide research support to a transaction review process.
- Maintain a minimum of 40 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) each calendar year.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Foundational knowledge of GAAP and other accounting-related topics.
- Ability to work extended hours during busy seasons.
- Eligible to sit for Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam or have CPA certification, preferred.
Staff II Additional Qualifications
- Minimum two tax seasons’ experience.
What is in it for you?
- Competitive compensation
- 4 Weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Hybrid Workplace Opportunity*
- Bonus Opportunities
- Medical, dental, and vision benefit programs
- 401(k) retirement
- Cellphone Reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Supportive career environments
- Coaching and Mentoring Program
- Internal learning opportunities
- Paid membership to business, civic, and professional organizations.
- Emotional well-being resources
- Paid life and disability insurance.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
What can you expect?
- Initial phone screening of qualified candidates.
- Panel interview with a member of Human Resources and partner and staff who this position will interact with for candidates who advance from initial phone screen.
- Secondary panel interview may be required if multiple candidates from the initial panel interview are selected.
- Candidates not selected at any phase of the process will be contacted to advise them of Frost’s decision to move in a different direction. If you would like to check on the status of your application, you can contact Sarah Littleton via call 501-537-7445 or by email at email@example.com. (Please allow at least 48 hours for applications to be reviewed.)
Who is Frost?
At Frost PLLC, we provide our clients with the personalized financial advice and services they need to succeed. With years of collective accounting and business advisory experience, we are well-equipped to handle any challenge our clients may face. Our services include tax, assurance, advisory, business valuation, litigation, and animal welfare – so no matter what your needs may be, we have you covered.
We understand that respect and responsive communication is key to a successful relationship with our associates and clients. That’s why we employ associates who have a can-do attitude and maintain honesty, objectivity, and creativity. If you’re looking for a full-service accounting firm that will put your best interests first, look no further than Frost PLLC.
*available after first 6 months in office, based on performance.