About this Job
LifeSensors, Inc. is a global leader in research involving the Ubiquitin Proteasome System (UPS) a cellular pathway that degrades damaged proteins. UPS provides a challenge as a new wave of drugs are emerging, such as Protein Targeting Chimeras (PROTACs) that target undruggable space. Research Interns will assist Senior Scientists with research programs to develop innovative technologies to understand the role of ubiquitin in cell physiology, execute drug discovery projects for our clients, as well as drive the development of new products and product applications. Our technologies are used worldwide by academic, pharma and biotech companies. As the company grows, it is critical that we continue to innovate. We are seeking a motivated student interested in gaining experience in a research lab. A small company makes a great learning environment, where you will gain valuable experience and make a real impact on the success of the company. We will enrich your education by providing hands-on training and support your professional growth. Please consult our website www.lifesensors.com more details.
- Pursuing a MS or BS degree in life sciences
- Lab experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and management skills
- Understanding of the goals of LifeSensors in both R&D and marketing
- You will be trained in molecular biology tools, cloning genes in a variety of hosts, including E. coli and yeast.
- Work with marketing team to address the needs of global customers
- Search literature for current ubiquitin research
- Learn protein expression and purification technologies
- Observe development of new assays to monitor ubiquitylation and de-ubiquitylation of proteins
- Involvement in business plan development for new technology
- Quality control- determine the best way to store and ship our products
- Regulatory affairs- draft Standard Operating Procedures, learn about FDA guidelines
Entry Level Research Assistants/Entry Level Scientists will report to a Ph.D scientist. The supervisor will assist with teaching any unknown techniques and new instrumentation.
Play a critical role in a R&D driven biotech company and learn new technologies. Please contact Human Resources at (610)644-8845 or email your resume to email@example.com