Marcum LLP offers a great career with exceptional benefits.
There’s a lot to think about when it comes to launching your accounting career. At Marcum, we offer you a world of opportunity, a highly competitive salary, exceptional benefits, flexible work options, and industry-leading technology, all within an environment that values your contributions and supports your professional growth.
At Marcum, eligible associates receive a benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and transit benefits, as well as paid time off, a 401(k) plan with an employer contribution, and a profit sharing plan.
The Audit & Assurance Intern position will work as part of a multidisciplinary team. Under the direct supervision of a Senior, Supervisor, or Manager, the Intern will receive appropriate guidance and training to complete assignments. Interns will become involved with all aspects of the Assurance practice and will gain solid, hands-on experience.
- Interns will work with the Assurance team to assist with the detailed verification procedures necessary to perform examinations of clients’ financial statements.
- Provide and maintain proper documentation to support assignment completion and release of binders to enable other members of the engagement team to progress with engagement work.
- Projects can include math checks, research, writing articles, footing financials.
- Interact with client personnel and keep team informed on status.
- Keep current on professional announcements
- Proactively participate in professional development opportunities, i.e. continuing professional educational programs offered by Marcum.
- Initiate and develop relationship with appropriate levels of the client’s management team
- Conduct oneself professionally as a representative of the Firm
- Work beyond standard hours is expected throughout the year.
- Minimal travel to client sites may be required.
- Additional responsibilities, not listed above may be expected as needed.
- Must have strong technology skills and be proficient with all aspects of Microsoft Office. Any prior experience with Engagement and Excel are a plus.
- Exhibit a strong desire to learn.
- Must exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to listen effectively.
- Work well under pressure; able to meet deadlines with accuracy
- Excellent analytical, organization and problem solving skills are a must
- Ability to learn processes quickly and be able to apply that knowledge to engagements.
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments; be able to multi-task.
- Team player with desire to be an active participant within the organization.
- Have a strong desire to maintain a customer service approach focused on exceeding expectations in all areas.
- Candidates must have minimally completed their second year in pursuit of their Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting from an accredited College or University
Marcum LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marcum LLP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected classification under the law.