You must apply via external link to be considered for this position.
2023 Global Internal Audit Summer Analyst – Tempe, AZ – Hybrid (myworkdayjobs.com)
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 6th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 160,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
* This is Hybrid position in Tempe, AZ *
About Global Internal Audit
Internal Audit’s (GIA) mission is to be trusted advisors to improve the Governance, Risk Management and System of Internal Control across the company. We provide independent and objective assurance of the effectiveness of risk management and control practices to the Board of Directors in Tokyo, Senior Management, and other key stakeholders. We constantly strive to broaden our perspectives, diversity and inclusivity so we can offer the most comprehensive counsel to business partners and key constituencies.
Summer Analyst Program Overview
As a new professional to the financial services industry, we’ll help you build a career as unique as you are. We’ll provide the learning, personal support, and an inclusive culture that you need to become the best version of you and help us build the future today. The GIA Summer Analyst role will expose you to all activities related to the end-to-end audit process, including planning, testing, reporting, issues validation, and supporting general audit administration activities across the organization, as assigned. This role is designed to empower high energy, critical thinkers who thrive on the opportunity to collaborate and develop and apply sound business judgment to solve critical challenges within the function. You will develop or augment your understanding of audit processes and internal audit principles by participating in our GIA audit execution and business support teams - including Business Line Functions, Global Financial Crimes & Compliance, Risk & Regulatory Management, Corporate Functions, Technology, and Strategy, Operations, Reporting & Analytics.
Experience & Training:
Over the course of a 10-week period, from June to August, summer analysts are placed in one business area allowing them to quickly develop the skills and knowledge required to become an integral part of the team. Analysts will have the opportunity to participate in various trainings, roundtables and work assignments that allow them to build their skills and expertise within the department.
Support & Guidance:
The assigned manager/mentor will provide professional development guidance and conduct performance reviews as a commitment to our summer analysts. Analysts will also have the opportunity to network with employees across different lines of business and at all levels of the organization. In our open and inclusive environment, senior colleagues will get to know the analysts over the course of the program and see the impact of the work being done. Summer analysts will end the program with a better understanding of GIA’s mission and its overall impact on the organization.
At the end of the program, the opportunity exists to receive an offer for full-time employment upon graduation. This decision will be made based on the performance of the student throughout the summer and department needs.
• Participate in walkthrough meetings and interviews with business stakeholders to develop understanding of business processes.
• Participate in formal discussions with business stakeholders throughout the duration of audit engagements to communicate status or concerns.
• Identify potential risks and controls and assist in developing scope and work programs. • Evaluate design and operating effectiveness of internal controls and identify control weaknesses.
• Generate insightful, meaningful observations that effectively convey significance and impact on risk and/or risk management practices, reporting findings and audit issues to Audit Management.
• Assist with workpaper and report preparation and document results using appropriate business and technical language.
• Maintain compliance with audit methodology, while also operating within industry best practices, applicable regulations, and internal and external professional practice expectations.
• Build relationships with peers and clients within the organization and exhibit a high standard of performance and professional conduct that will enhance our culture of integrity and inclusion, where all individual and departmental choices are rooted in good judgment and support MUFG’s Principles of Ethics and Conduct.
• Currently a 2023 rising senior; graduating Winter 2023 or Spring 2024
• Strong interest or majoring in Audit, Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Computer Science, Economics, Data Analytics, Risk, and Engineering
• Generally, a GPA of 3.0 and above
• Excellent academic standing with recommended course work in finance, accounting or economics
• Excellent computer skills specifically with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
• Strong verbal, writing, mathematical, problem-solving and statistical skills
• Interpersonal skills and individual initiative, leadership qualities and the ability to develop creative solutions
• Ability to work independently as well as in teams
• You are a standout student who can excel in a challenging environment with a strong desire to continuously improve and learn new things
• Reputation for integrity, accuracy, consistency
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.