Who We Are
We are Textron Systems, best known for innovative defense technologies and services. We are a part of Textron Inc, one of the world’s leading multi-industry companies, recognized for its powerful brands such as Bell, Cessna, Beechcraft, E-Z-GO, Arctic Cat and many more. Our company leverages its global network of aircraft, defense, industrial and finance businesses to provide customers with innovative products and services.
But our business is all about people – the customers who rely on us and the exceptional team that brings our mission to life.
We’ve been in the industry for more than 50 years and embraced the unique capabilities that come with being a mid-sized player. We bring the agility of a small business to meet our customers’ most urgent requirements and empower our team members to push past possible. We can scale quickly to solve the big problems, working across functions, sites, and business lines to make it happen. We’re comprised of 7 domains specializing in Air, Sea, Land, Weapons Systems, Electronic Systems, Propulsion, and Testing and Training Simulations.
Start your career in a big way by joining Textron Systems. We are here to provide necessary and life-changing services and products to our customers. We are right where the real work happens. By joining our team, you will gain exciting and versatile experiences from day one to fuel your growth. Talent development is a big part of who we are. Don’t just start your career – go big.
Visit TextronSystems.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Associate Accountants may be assigned to a role in the following areas: cost accounting, including revenues/billings, project costing/inventory and intercompany accounting, accounts payable, government reporting, timekeeping/payroll, fix assets, or tax accounting
- The Associate Accountants will perform assigned accounting functions by utilizing technical accounting theory and practices in order to accurately record company financial transactions.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and all regulatory requirements.
- Ensure financial records are in compliance with internal process documentation, generally accepted accounting principles, corporate accounting policies/control standards and applicable federal contracting regulations.
- Prepare and record company financial transactions, preparing supplemental schedules as required.
- Prepare assigned balance sheet account reconciliations applying appropriate analytical techniques
- Support financial, tax, internal and government reporting audits
- Interface with management and company personnel, as required, regarding the status of accounting transactions and corrective actions required
- Engage in professional development activities.
- Currently pursuing or have completed a bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Ability to analyze and interpret program financial data. PC Proficiency required in Microsoft office with a strong emphasis on Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) and work well in a team environment
- Ability to be a self-starter and work with minimal supervision
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences and unique perspectives.
Our company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
- Flexible Work Schedules: Enjoy compressed work week schedule that varies by allowing for additional days off such as 9/80 and 4/10s, leading to additional Fridays off work!
- Paid Time Off: Enjoy over 6 weeks of total paid time off (PTO) that consist of 120 hours of vacation, 56 hours of illness/personal time and 80 hours of holiday.
- Tuition Reimbursement: We believe in investing in the progress and growth of our employee’s. Receive up to $10,000 for relevant graduate degrees per calendar year.
- Dress for Your Day: No day is the same, so we don’t think you should dress like it. Dress smart for an important meeting, wear jeans for a casual day at the office or on the shop floor.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Choose plans that fit your lifestyle- 3 medical plans, prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, additional life insurance coverage. Company paid benefits include basic life insurance, short- and long-term disability and employee assistance program. Comprehensive wellness incentive plan and annual fitness reimbursement program.
- Future Savings: Receive a company contribution to your 401k up to 9% of your salary! The earlier you start your career with us, the more you save.
- Employee Discounts: We provide a one-stop-shop for access to exclusive offers and deep discounts from over 30,000 merchants and millions of products such as Bose, Apple, FitBit, HP, At&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, travel discounts and more!
- Many More Benefits: Textron Systems offers additional benefits such as service awards, cell phone retail discounts, travel and gym membership discounts, emergency travel assistance, home and auto discounts, adoption assistance and more!
Templates for your Application
We aim to make sure all candidates are considered on an equal basis. To ensure your application accurately represents your skills and background, we encourage you to view a sample template resume and application tips located here.
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron’s products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.