The Brattle Group is looking for Energy Analysts to work out of our Boston and Washington, District of Columbia offices.
Our Energy Analysts are involved in diverse, challenging assignments within a stimulating, collegial work environment primarily focused on the electricity industry and its transition to clean energy. As a new Energy Analyst, you will participate in project teams with senior consulting staff, working alongside internationally recognized experts in regulatory economics and finance, wholesale electricity markets, transmission planning, utility planning, and litigation and regulatory disputes. Our clients span electric system operators, electric and gas utilities, state government agencies, project developers, infrastructure investors, and technology companies in the electricity industry.
The Energy Analyst’s role includes quantitative economic analysis, financial and operational modeling, and qualitative research functions on client projects. As Energy Analysts progress, they will have project management opportunities and can take on increasing client-facing responsibilities.
Typical assignments might include:
- Building financial, economic, statistical, and operational models using a variety of tools
- Creating innovative data-based solutions to client needs using a variety of software programs
- Analyzing electricity, natural gas, and other energy markets
- Developing, maintaining, and running power system models, including capacity expansion and security-constrained production cost models
- Providing in-depth regulatory research and summarizing insights through literature review
- Communicating research and analyses to project team members and clients
- Adapting economic theory to apply to applied questions and problems
- Coauthoring publications and being a part of presentation teams
During your tenure as an Energy Analyst, you will gain skills in applied economics and finance, as well as a broad understanding of the electricity industry and adjacent industries. You will work in a collaborative and fun atmosphere where dedication to quality, project success, and individual career and professional development are emphasized. You will have the opportunity to discover where your strengths and interests lie and how you can best apply your skills. At Brattle, your career development is an ongoing focus.
By the end of your first year, you will have learned to conduct basic research, build spreadsheets and models, present research findings clearly and concisely, and you will have gained experience across different parts of the electricity industry.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- An undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., economics, finance, math, engineering, data science), with strong academic performance. We also encourage candidates with master’s degrees to apply for the Energy Analyst role.
- Great teamwork and leadership skills. Our project work is done almost exclusively on teams, so it’s critical that our Energy Analysts work well with others. A good sense of humor is always welcome!
- Intellectual curiosity and creativity. We are looking for candidates who consistently want to learn more and approach problems with creativity.
- A high degree of ownership and commitment. Successful Energy Analysts are committed to delivering their best work product and taking ownership of their work.
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, 401(k)/profit sharing, paid time off, a subsidy to pursue a hobby outside of work, life and disability insurance, and internal professional development and mentorship/training programs, designed to reward success at all levels. Details regarding compensation will be based on the candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience.
Please submit the following materials through the link below:
- Cover letter
- Transcript(s) (unofficial copies accepted)
To streamline the process, please use your school-issued email address on your application.
The Brattle Group answers complex economic, finance, and regulatory questions for corporations, law firms, and governments around the world. We are distinguished by the clarity of our insights and the credibility of our experts, which include leading international academics and industry specialists. Brattle has over 400 talented professionals across four continents. For more information, please visit our website.
The Brattle Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity and expression, age, height, weight, domestic partner status, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome or HIV status (AIDS/HIV status), genetic information, sexual orientation, disability (where the applicant or employee is qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation), marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, drug or alcohol abuse or alcoholism, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.