First Gen Student Spotlight!

We are proud to feature success stories from First Generation students around the Villanova community.

Mark Guzman Lizarazo | Mechanical Engineering | Class of 2025

“Coming into Villanova, I had no idea what was in store for the next four years. I was not expecting to achieve the amount of growth I would make socially, academically, and professionally. Taking advantage of the resources Villanova has had to offer, especially with the Career Center has lead me to become an outstanding applicant with the abilities to properly showcase why I stand out. From the professional development events that are constantly arranged, to the resume and LinkedIn review, to the nova nook, etc. Thanks to all of the tools at my disposal, I have had the privilege to meet so many amazing people and make many connections on the professional side of things. All of these factors contributed to me receiving my first offer for an internship this summer. More importantly, I have a sense of guidance. I know what are the steps I need to take to get where I want to be, and it all started with the Career Center.”

Want to share your own career success story? Submit a testimonial!

By Beth Cahill
Beth Cahill Director of Career Development