Welcome to the Financial Services, Real Estate & Insurance Industries Connections Community!
Explore your interest in the financial services, real estate, and insurance industries through this page’s various tools and resources. Check out the Financial Services and Banking 101 and the Business Functions and Operations 101 resources which provide Villanova-specific information and links to the Vault Guides, providing a thorough overview of the sectors you’re interested in within these industries. The jobs and internships featured on this page are just a sampling of what is posted on Handshake, so log in to view more! To connect with additional alumni involved in financial services, real estate and insurance, check out the Nova Network.
Villanova Financial Services, Real Estate & Insurance Industry Programs & Additional Events
Be on the lookout for various events that take place throughout the year including career fairs, information sessions, panels, workshops, info tables, coffee chats, and virtual events.
- VSB O’Donnell Center: Careers in Corporate Finance & Accounting (Fall)
- BRIDGE Society Mentoring & Networking Event: Exploring Careers in Finance (Fall)
- What Liberal Arts Students Need to Know About Finance Workshops (Fall)
- DiLella Center for Real Estate Career Conference (Fall)
- Wall Street Meetups (Spring)
- Society Events e.g. Women in Business Conference (Fall)
Villanova Financial Services, Real Estate & Insurance Industry Resources
Check out these resources that can help you in your journey to learn more about the financial services, real estate, and insurance industry.
- Use the Vault Guides to Careers in Financial Services and Banking, Vault Guides to Careers in Business Functions and Operations, and Vault Guides to Careers in Real Estate to learn more about the pros and cons of the industry, typical roles, and more.
- Bloomberg Education is a computer software system that allows users to analyze real-time market and economic data (available to ALL students)
- Big Interview Is an AI interviewing platform. Use their Big Interview Technical Questions to help nail your next interview.
- As a Villanova student, you have access to a free Wall Street Journal and Financial Times subscription.
Whether you’re looking to get into business as a fresh graduate or make a career change, becoming a business analyst is a great option. Professionals in these roles are in high demand because analysts are key players in helping businesses …
Historically, financial services and investment banking have lacked diverse talent. As an industry that is centralized in networking and social capital, many underrepresented and marginalized candidate groups have been excluded. Due to this fact, organizations like Girls Who Invest, INROADS, …
7:30 AM: Things start early. Get into the office, check voice mail and go through contact database to line up cold calls for the day. Scan the Wall Street Journal or the local paper’s business section to see if clients, …