Villanova offers LinkedIn Learning—a leading online education platform—to further advance the professional development of the University’s students, faculty and staff. It is available to all current students, faculty and staff, as well as alumni who graduated within the last 12 months.
LinkedIn Learning is a leading online education platform featuring thousands of courses taught by industry experts. Courses on the site enable learners to explore and develop expertise in a range of subjects including the Microsoft Office Suite, data visualization tools, graphic design, diversity and inclusion, management skills, leadership development, Python, web development and more.
Offered through the University Career Center and Human Resources, this initiative is part of the University’s Strategic Plan, “Rooted. Restless.”
With LinkedIn Learning, Villanovans get:
- Extensive access. Choose from more than 15,000 courses in 7 different languages covering business, creative and technology topics.
- Personalized recommendations. Explore the most in-demand skills based on your experience.
- Expert instructors. Learn from industry leaders, all in one place.
- Convenient learning. Access courses on your schedule, from any desktop or mobile device.
- Helpful resources. Reinforce new knowledge with quizzes, exercise files and coding practice windows.
Villanova’s Custom Learning Collections
Explore LinkedIn Learning Collections and Learning Paths Villanova faculty and staff have curated specifically for the Villanova community. To help you get started on LinkedIn Learning and using LinkedIn, we curated a collection for the community to provide a framework in using LinkedIn Learning and LinkedIn’s Alumni Tool.
If you would like a Collection or Learning Path built for you, please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
Villanova’s Career and Professional Development teams have curated specific LinkedIn Learning content to enable you to level up your knowledge and skills in career competencies that will help you in any career you choose. Once you login, you’ll have free access to this and all content on LinkedIn Learning.
- Career and Self Development – Explore courses on finding your strengths, building your self confidence, how to network, developing a career plan and more.
- Communication – Explore courses on building interpersonal relationships, establishing credibility as a speaker, writing a proposal and more.
- Critical Thinking – Explore courses on problem solving techniques, biases that affect decision-making, how to use questions to foster creativity and more.
- Equity and Inclusion – Explore courses on confronting bias, developing cross-cultural intelligence, advocating for change in your organization and more.
- Leadership – Explore courses on how to lead with stories, inclusive leadership, emerging leader foundations and more.
- Professionalism – Explore courses on defining professional goals, communicating values, learning personal branding, getting things done and more.
- Teamwork – Explore courses on being an effective team member, cultivating mental agility, giving and receiving feedback and more.
- Technology – Explore courses on big data, artificial intelligence, robotics, and more.
From saving for retirement and renting that first apartment to negotiating your starting salary and sorting out employer provided health benefits, Adulting 101 prepares students for life after graduation and beyond.