How To Get Accepted to Graduate School
Many students choose to pursue graduate or professional school beyond their undergraduate degree. Graduate education delivers specialized knowledge in a concentrated discipline – be it a Master’s or PhD program, medical school or law school. The Career Center provides advising, resources, and programming in the following areas:
- Assessing if graduate school is right for you
- Identifying programs that align with your interests and career goals
- Navigating the application process (timelines, requirements, letters of recommendation)
- Review of personal statements and essays
- Specialized advising for Pre-Law and Pre-Health tracks
The Career Center has put together the linked Steps to Pursuing Graduate or Professional School handout to help you get started. As you embark on this journey, we encourage you to review the resources and information included on this handout and make an appointment with a member of our Career Development Team to discuss further.