Villanova Pre-Law Resources
Our Pre-Law Advisor provides industry-specific career support to students and young alumni with focused career goals within a particular company or industry area. Alex possesses knowledge of application timelines, scholarship information, LSAT prep, and more.
Want to stay up to date on all things pre-law? Subscribe to our biweekly newsletter here or on Handshake.
- Law School Fair (Every Fall Semester)
- Pre-Law Networking Night (Every Spring Semester)
- Various pre-law workshops (Occur every month, see Handshake ‘Pre-Law Event’ filter or Career Connections for details)
Pre-Law Society, Black Pre-Law Students Association, Business Law Society, Women in Law Caucus (new Fall 2023!), Villanova Student Government Association, Matthew J. Ryan: Junior Fellows, College Democrats, College Republicans
Villanova Lawyers, Bridge Society, Villanova Public Administration Network on the Nova Network, Villanova Public Policy Society on the Nova Network
- A mentoring relationship is a learning and development partnership between two people, typically a more experienced person (mentor) and less experienced person (mentee). The relationship can last days, weeks, semesters or even years depending on the goals and experiences of the people in it. Mentors and mentees discuss topics like personal and professional decisions, explorations of career paths and ways to navigate a career.
- Find a mentor through Formal Mentor Programs at Villanova, Faculty, the Nova Network, LinkedIn, as well as your own personal network.
- An informational interview is a conversation where you have the chance to ask someone else questions about their profession, career path, and more. It is common in the working world to conduct informational interviews with individuals whom currently have jobs you think may be a fit for you.
- Find professionals to interview using resources like the Nova Network, LinkedIn Alumni Tool, as well as your own personal network.
LinkedIn Learning is a leading online education platform featuring thousands of courses taught by industry experts. Courses on the site enable you to explore and develop expertise in a range of subjects to boost your marketability. Villanova offers LinkedIn Learning to all students, as well as alumni who graduated within the past 12 months.
Critical Skills, Tools and Technologies Utilized by Professionals in Public Policy and The Government on LinkedIn:
- Program Management
- Analytical Skills
- Comparative Analysis
- Close Reading
- Written & Oral Communication
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Policy Analysis
- Human Resources
- Data Analysis
- International Relations
- Organizational Development
Update your Career Interests in Handshake
- Click your photo in the upper right-hand corner to open the drop-down, then choose Career Interests
- From there, select any relevant career fields (non-profit, government, consulting, legal & law enforcement, etc.) to remain up to date on all relevant opportunities
- Be sure to update all of your Career Interests, including where you’d like to live after graduation, to ensure that you receive the best targeted information from the Career Center. Remember: you can update your interests at any time
Get instant feedback on your resume through Big Interview.
Research law schools, get the inside scoop on what it’s really like, and learn more about the legal field in Vault’s Career Guides.
Begin searching for relevant pre-law opportunities in Handshake and attend workshops and events.
Make an appointment with your pre-law advisor through Handshake.